Creations By G

A forum for anyone interested in candy wrappers, scrapbooking and any paper craft!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Need printing and paper advice

Go down 
AuthorMessage
argranny

PostSubject: Need printing and paper advice   Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:56 pm

I usually use everyday photo paper to do my candywrappers, bag toppers etc because I love the look of the finished product. My issue is with using photo paper, any time there is black printed I seem to smear it while cutting the wrappers etc out and make an even bigger mess when I assemble my items.

Is there a trick to this? Is there a spray I can spray on the paper after I print on it to keep it from smearing and is save for using of food products?

I tried using card stock and even just regular paper. Not only I but everyone that sees my wrappers etc love the everyday photo paper the best.

I use three different printers still trying to figure out which one I like the best. I have an Epson and two different HPs.

What printers do you all use?

Thanks,

Diane argranny I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amyborn2003

PostSubject: Re: Need printing and paper advice   Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:17 am

I have a Lexmark mow..had it for 3 yrs...after Christmas I am getting the Kodak Printer..my gift to me...it is supposed to use less ink and the cartridges are cheaper..

I use regular photo paper...cardstock and printer paper... i have not had thate problem with black smearing...Hope someone can help...

smiles across the miles and HAPPY THANKSGIVING...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mysweett

PostSubject: Inks   Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:54 pm

I found out there is a difference in the ink to use.
double check but when you buy the next black cartridge, see if there is anything on it about the printing "quality". I found with hubby's printer we used a different cartridge and I know on his Epson there is a difference ...I just remember having to buy a different number cartridge for the blacks..
Back to top Go down
argranny

PostSubject: Re: Need printing and paper advice   Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:53 am

Thanks everyone.

I was thinking the other day, I usually print uisng the "best" option when picking print quaility. Do you think I should just print as "normal"? I want everything to be perfect and look more professional than a professional. I wonder if using the "best" uses more ink or somethin.

Again, thanks everyone!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mysweettater
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Need printing and paper advice   Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:26 pm

I always print at normal but might try a few at best just to see.
Maybe print one of each and see if side-by-side you can tell a difference.
used to be you had to do all the settings and fixes but printers are so smart now, I'm not really sure how much it makes a difference. I would love to know if you can see a big difference in the 2 print settings..(now I'm off to try.lol) Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need printing and paper advice   

Back to top Go down

Need printing and paper advice
Page 1 of 1